REACH Resource Center
Our integrated team of lawyers, scientists and technical consultants applies an unrivalled depth of understanding to the practical and strategic challenges of REACH. This REACH Resources Center provides access to a range of materials explaining the intricacies and evolution of REACH. Please navigate to relevant material using links to information below and via the left-hand sidebar of this page. If you do not find what you are looking for or wish to discuss your issue further, please contact a member of our REACH team at REACH@steptoe.com or +32 2 626 0572.
Are you REACH Compliant Today and Prepared to Comply Through to 2018?
REACH affects all substances on their own, in mixtures (preparations) and in articles. It covers substances manufactured in or placed on the European Economic Area (EEA) market (the 27 EU member states plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway). Even substances in small quantities (under the one metric tonne threshold for compulsory registration) may be subject to obligations under REACH, including those concerning restrictions, authorisation and safety data sheets (SDS).
The broad scope affects all actors in the supply chain—not only chemical companies. Substance producers, importers, formulators and exporters to the EEA have REACH obligations. REACH also applies to manufacturers of semi-finished and finished products. REACH has transferred responsibility and costs for data generation on chemical safety to industry and strict time limits must be respected in order to maintain market access.
Our Conventional Role as Legal Counsel
Find the latest news and developments.
Recent Seminars & Events
- Steptoe Bolsters Environment & Life Sciences Practice with Ruxandra Cana and Her Team
- Access to Documents and Environmental Information in the European Union
- Cosmetics Design Features Steptoe’s Abrahams in Article on REACH Compliance
- Chambers Europe 2011 Honors Steptoe Practices and Lawyers
- Brussels Office Recruits Dr. Anna Gergely to Lead Expanding Environment, REACH & Nanotechnology Practice, July 2009
- Steptoe Brussels Regulatory Environment Group Ranked as Leading Firm by Chambers Europe 2009
- Richard Reinis publishes "REACH EU Regulations Deadline of Dec. 1"
- Darren Abrahams Quoted on REACH Implications, August 2008
- Steptoe REACH Team Recommended Again, August 2008
- Steptoe Names Nancy Russotto European Affairs Advisor, February 2008
November 2012, Chemical Watch