A culture…a commitment…a way of life…
Our commitment drives our actions. We strive to differentiate ourselves not only by delivering the highest-quality legal services to the best clients, but also by accomplishing that goal with a talented, creative, diverse, and engaged team of professionals.
Steptoe’s women lawyers have been full and active participants in the development of this productive workplace community, and the firm has established a variety of programs to cultivate the unique perspectives of its women lawyers and professionals:
- Professional Development: A number of women partners at Steptoe have held senior positions in the federal government and have served as leaders in the Bar and other associations.
- Flexible Career Paths: Steptoe lawyers come to the firm with a wide range of skills, backgrounds, and personal commitments. We craft individual career paths that enhance and maximize individual and team strengths, in the long run as well as the short term.
- Mentors: Women lawyers at Steptoe benefit from the experience and advice of other women who hold firm-wide leadership positions and manage key client relationships, as illustrated by our Women's Stories.
- Speeches and Publications: Our lawyers are noted authorities. They are sought-out speakers on a broad range of topics. Each year, they publish numerous articles and papers, both in their fields of practice and on topics relevant to women and the law.
- Women’s Forum: An organized committee that sponsors activities to advance, recognize, and connect our women lawyers and professionals.
- Comprehensive Benefits: Steptoe has an unwavering commitment to full benefits, flexible working arrangements, and support services for all lawyers. We integrate these services and benefits with a series of checks and balances to monitor their effectiveness, enabling firm leaders to evaluate and modify our programs so that continual improvement in our benefits package is the norm, not the exception.
Steptoe continues to pursue its mission of bringing women professionals together to share experiences and build networking opportunities. This commitment is exemplified through the following:
- Formal and informal mentoring of women across the firm, as illustrated in our Women's Stories
- Quarterly programming on gender-specific and life-balance issues
- Programs that enhance and develop leadership skills