Benefits & Compensation
General Information and Benefits
We seek to maintain salaries and benefits for both associates and summer associates that are competitive with those offered by other major firms. Summer associates also receive an allowance for travel expenses.
Incoming lawyers are reimbursed for household moving and travel expenses in accordance with a policy that is available upon request. Incoming lawyers just graduating from law school, who will be starting work shortly after completion of the bar exam, also receive a stipend to assist with bar review, living, and other expenses while preparing for the exam.
The firm also offers discretionary and business origination awards to recognize the contributions of our associates in providing top-quality legal services to the firm’s clients.
We offer a highly competitive benefit package to our lawyers including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Short-term, long-term, and supplemental disability insurance
- Group and supplemental life insurance
- Group and supplemental accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Long-term care insurance (for parents, grandparents & in-laws in addition to employee & spouse)
- Paid parental leave
- Three to four weeks of paid vacation annually
- 401(k) retirement plans
- 10 paid holidays annually
- Bar stipend
- Moving expense reimbursement
- Back-up childcare facility (DC)
- Onsite fitness center, yoga instruction, and discounts to area gyms (DC)
- Onsite cafeteria (DC)
- Onsite travel agency (DC)
- Counseling and referral service
- Judicial clerkship bonus