- Douglas G. Green
- David B. Raskin
- Steven Reed
- Business and Human Rights
- Corporate Tax Transactions
- Corporate, Securities & Finance
- Employee Benefits/ERISA/Executive Compensation
- Environmental Coverage Litigation & Counseling
- International Arbitration
- International Regulation & Compliance
- IRS Controversy & Tax Litigation
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- State & Local Tax
From measuring the value of oil produced in the Arctic to litigating the extent of a utility's market power in the heartland of the country, energy clients frequently turn to Steptoe for their most demanding assignments.
Steptoe & Johnson LLP's long-established relationships with leading energy producers, transporters, and marketers have led to an extensive practice involving counseling, litigation, and representation of companies before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and other federal and state agencies. Both our electric power and pipeline practices are recognized as among the foremost in the country.
We assist a broad base of clients within the energy sector, including electric power companies; oil pipelines; natural gas producers; hydroelectric and nuclear power plants; energy buyers, sellers, and marketers; and foreign governments.
Select News & Events
- Clean Energy Report Quotes Marc Spitzer on National Gas Infrastructure
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP Submits Novel FERC Filing for Groundbreaking Tres Amigas Superstation
- Steptoe Adds Legal and Government Relations Talent
- US-Mexico Unconventional Gas Regulatory and Environmental Workshop
- "Meeting Demand: The Policy and Politics behind New York's Energy Outlook," Westchester County Association Energy Forum
- "Corruption & Anti-Corruption Laws: Managing the Risk in the Energy Sector on a Global Basis" at AIPN Spring Conference 2010 in Texas