- American Indian Affairs
- Asbestos, Silica & Related Bankruptcy Litigation
- Corporate Tax Transactions
- Employee Benefits/ERISA/Executive Compensation
- Environment & Natural Resources
- Environmental Coverage Litigation & Counseling
- Hazardous Products/Toxic Torts Coverage Litigation & Counseling
- IRS Controversy & Tax Litigation
- State & Local Tax
Steptoe has a long history of effectively representing companies on all aspects of environmental law relating to hazardous waste, clean air, clean water, toxic substances, and medical waste.
Both Steptoe's Washington and Phoenix offices have experience dealing with the environmental aspects of mining (both deep and strip mining), mineral leasing (oil, gas and geothermal), forestry, grazing, land exchanges (federal, state and private), water rights, and wildlife law (including the Endangered Species Act and Marine Mammal Protection Act).
Our attorneys help clients integrate regulatory, litigation, and government relations strategies to optimize results. Typical services include the following:
- Regulatory monitoring and advice to help clients stay up-to-date with the latest legal developments
- Legal lobbying on legislative and policy proposals to assess potential impacts and support initiatives to shape decision-making processes
- Advice on the application of and compliance with legislation and standards
- Litigation before the European Courts