- Corporate Tax Transactions
- Corporate, Securities & Finance
- Distressed Commercial Mortgages & Real Estate
- Employee Benefits/ERISA/Executive Compensation
- Hospitality, Hotels & Resorts
- IRS Controversy & Tax Litigation
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Project Finance & Infrastructure
- State & Local Tax
Hospitality & Lodging
Steptoe is one of the leading firms representing the interests of hotel owners and developers worldwide. Our Hotels & Resorts practice brings together transactional attorneys and litigators with extensive experience in the hospitality industry to provide savvy, cost-effective counsel in connection with the most challenging real estate investments.
We have extensive experience handling transactional matters involving domestic and international real estate, and represent a broad array of funds and investors. Under the guiding hand of one of the preeminent tax practices in the country, our attorneys regularly provide early-stage advice in structuring development and finance vehicles.
We help with far more than getting a deal off the ground and through closing, however. Lawyers in all of our offices, including core groups in our Washington, DC, Phoenix, and London offices, regularly counsel hospitality clients on asset management issues, including enforcing rights under management contracts and franchise agreements. And when our clients find themselves in an adversarial situation, Steptoe has one of the most seasoned teams of hospitality litigators in the country. We have tried some of the biggest cases in the industry, and our credibility with the courts and with many of our adversaries gives us a leg up in successfully resolving many disputes early and efficiently.
Select News & Events
- HotelNewsNow.com and Pravasi Herald Cover Steptoe Hospitality Webinar on India
- Lodging Hospitality Quotes Cecelia Fanelli on Distressed Assets
- "We Are Not There Yet - When Will This End?," Hospitality Leadership Forum
- "Hard Talk," 2011 Annual Conference of the International Society of Hospitality Consultants
- "Town Hall Discussion of Key Topics," The 17th Annual Lodging Conference
- Hospitality Webinar: Insurance/Safety Issues
- New Discovery Rules Offer Operators Increased TransparencyNovember 20, 2006, Hotel & Motel Management