- Alfred M. Mamlet
+1 202 429 6205
- Martin D. Schneiderman
+1 202 429 6282
- Corporate Tax Transactions
- Corporate, Securities & Finance
- Employee Benefits/ERISA/Executive Compensation
- Hazardous Products/Toxic Torts Coverage Litigation & Counseling
- Intellectual Property
- IP Litigation
- IRS Controversy & Tax Litigation
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- State & Local Tax
Healthcare & Life Sciences
Steptoe attorneys serve all the needs of our healthcare and life science clients. Our attorneys understand the issues facing our healthcare and life sciences clients because they have experience with major representations ranging from incorporating a physician’s practices to defending large medical care corporations and pharmaceutical benefit managers (PBMs) in class action suits to prosecuting, enforcing, and defending pharmaceutical and medical device patents.
Our broad practice is the product of a collaboration of different legal disciplines uniting to provide guidance to this complex and ever-evolving industry both in the United States and Europe.
We help foster, build, and protect healthcare and life sciences companies through our extensive background in regulatory, intellectual property, litigation, products liabilities, unfair competition, trade secret, antitrust, corporate, merger and acquisition, joint venture, tax, ERISA and employment, and immigration matters.
Our team includes a doctor of veterinary medicine; Ph.Ds in chemistry, biochemistry, biomedical sciences and mechanical engineering; and a former Deputy Director for Science Policy and Technology Transfer at the National Institutes of Health.
The firm's experience in healthcare includes matters relating to the development, licensing, and protection of new medical devices and pharmaceuticals, affiliations between healthcare providers, laboratories, and other corporate reorganizations and restructurings, health plan regulation, ERISA issues, HIPAA, PBMs, CHAMPUS contracting, and ADA litigation.
We also counsel and defend healthcare clients in connection with fraud and abuse investigations and charges including alleged antikickback violations and billing fraud.
Select News & Events
- Steptoe Expands IP Practice in New York with Patent Litigator John Molenda
- Steptoe Adds Legal and Government Relations Talent
- “Carve in or Carve Out? Paving the Way for an Increase in Litigation Under the Affordable Care Act,” American Conference Institute
- After Ariad v. Lilly: Implications and Best Practices
- Regulation of Nanotechnology in Food
- Craig Simpson Speaks at IBC Life Sciences 13th Annual BPD Conference