- Copyright and Entertainment
- Corporate Tax Transactions
- Corporate, Securities & Finance
- Employee Benefits / ERISA / Executive Compensation
- Intellectual Property
- IRS Controversy & Tax Litigation
- Media Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- State & Local Tax
Media & Entertainment
The firm’s lawyers have extensive experience defending international, national and local media clients—including publishers, broadcasters, cable companies and on-line service and content providers—against defamation, invasion of privacy, trade libel, and related claims; prosecuting public records and court access litigation under the First Amendment, the federal Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and state information-access laws and rules; responding to civil, criminal, and grand-jury subpoenas seeking reporters’ testimony, notes, outtakes and other information; and reviewing content before publication or broadcast to minimize the likelihood of any successful defamation, privacy or other claims.
The firm’s attorneys have also represented media and entertainment industry clients in a wide variety of other matters, including intellectual property and complex commercial disputes, matters involving the sale of television and radio stations, non-compete agreements, changes in talent/personnel, advertising disputes, and agreements involving the development of television shows, books and other media.
In addition, we have represented publishers, broadcasters and other media and entertainment companies in a broad range of regulatory and transactional matters.
Our firm has also engaged in legislative advocacy, at the federal and state levels, on matters of interest to publishers and broadcasters.
Select News & Events
- Manny's Music Law Seminar, "Business Entities and Internal Band Agreements" May, 17, 2006; "The Business and Legal Team: Lawyers, Managers, and Agents" May 31, 2006; "Music Copyright Law" June 14, 2006
- Business Entities and Internal Band Agreements