- Steven K. Davidson
+1 202 429 8077
- Stephen A. Fennell
+1 202 429 8082
- Alfred M. Mamlet
+1 202 429 6205
- Business and Human Rights
- Consumer Products
- Intellectual Property
- IP Licensing
- IP Litigation
- Products Liability, Pharmaceutical & Mass Tort Litigation
We have considerable experience representing retailers and manufacturers in disputes involving trademarks, trade dress, counterfeiting, gray market imports, copyrights, patents, and unfair competition claims, as well as a range of other commercial litigation and business tort claims.
We have also successfully defended and advised retailers in disputes involving false, deceptive, and unfair advertising; comparative advertising; consumer fraud (including claims under California’s Unfair Competition Law, Calif. Bus. & Prof. Code § 17200); trade libel; and other claims concerning commercial speech, advertising, and marketing.
We have advised retailers and manufacturers regarding compliance with federal and state laws and regulations involving consumer product safety, food and dietary supplement labeling and packing, in-store price displays and scanner requirements, Internet sales and home delivery of groceries and alcoholic beverages, and numerous other regulatory compliance issues.
The firm’s attorneys have represented retailers and manufacturers in intellectual property licensing and assignments, patent and trademark applications, distribution, supplier and customer contracts, development and joint-venture agreements, and a wide range of other transactions involving consumer goods.
We also have considerable experience in anti-dumping and other international trade disputes involving consumer products and manufacturing materials.
Select News & Events
- US Apparel and Textile Industry Urges President Obama to Impose Remedy on Chinese Tires
- Steptoe Advises on Acquisition of Retailer Hartmarx
- Michelle A. Cooke Joins IP Practice as Partner
- Steptoe Adds Rich Reinis to Century City Office
- Shopping China: The Retail Growth Opportunity Webinar
- Corporate Social Accountability Webinar on Forced Labor
- The End of Quotas: What You Can Do to Prepare for US Trade Actions
- Apparel & Textile Trade After 2008: Trade Remedies in a Post-Quota World