- Construction Mediation
- Corporate Tax Transactions
- Corporate, Securities & Finance
- Distressed Commercial Mortgages & Real Estate
- Employee Benefits/ERISA/Executive Compensation
- International Arbitration
- International Regulation & Compliance
- IRS Controversy & Tax Litigation
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Project Finance & Infrastructure
- State & Local Tax
Steptoe’s construction team work closely with our property, infrastructure and finance teams to ensure a seamless commercial approach when deals are being structured; and with our mainstream litigation teams to resolve any disputes which may arise through adjudication, mediation, arbitration or court. We can offer you a fully integrated service, covering the development and construction process from inception to completion and the agreement of the final account, whether you are a purchaser or supplier of services.
We recruited partner Jonathan Raynes in the UK office at the start of 2008 to pull together and develop our construction practice. Under his leadership, we pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality, pragmatic advice on both contentious and non-contentious construction and engineering matters for UK and international clients. Our success has led to the practice being recognised as a recommended firm for construction in the 2008 edition of the UK Legal 500 directory.
We represent owners and engineering and construction firms on engineering, procurement and construction of major projects such as power plants, pipelines, toll roads, airports, seaports, chemical facilities, telecommunications and offshore drilling as well as smaller residential and commercial property developments. Our lawyers have experience in negotiating construction contracts worth many billions of dollars for projects in the US, UK, Canada, Latin America and Asia/Pacific.
- Recommended, Legal 500 UK 2013, London: Real Estate - Construction
Select News & Events
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP Launches Construction Mediation Practice
- Tenth Annual Construction Industry Tax Issues Seminar, Co-sponsored by the AzBusiness Magazine
- Eighth Annual Construction Industry Tax Issues Seminar
- Seventh Annual Construction Industry Tax Issues Seminar