- Corporate Tax Transactions
- Corporate, Securities & Finance
- Distressed Commercial Mortgages & Real Estate
- Employee Benefits / ERISA / Executive Compensation
- International Arbitration
- International Regulation & Compliance
- IRS Controversy & Tax Litigation
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Project Finance & Infrastructure
- State & Local Tax
- UK Property
Called “the real deal” and “incredibly intelligent practitioners” by The Legal 500, Steptoe is well-versed in the legal and business problems that arise in the construction industry, and we have substantial experience in helping clients avoid and resolve disputes.
When deals are being structured, our property, infrastructure and finance teams to ensure a seamless commercial approach, and we have substantial experience representing owners and engineering and construction firms on engineering, procurement and construction of major projects such as power plants, pipelines, toll roads, airports, seaports, chemical facilities, telecommunications and offshore drilling as well as smaller residential and commercial property developments. Our lawyers have experience in negotiating construction contracts worth many billions of dollars for projects around the globe, working on projects in the US, UK and mainland Europe, Africa and the Middle East, Canada, Latin America, and in the Asia/Pacific region.
When circumstances warrant, we bring all of the firm’s resources to bear in resolving disputes through litigation, including meditation and arbitration. We also use the knowledge gleaned from resolving disputes when drafting, reviewing and negotiating construction contracts regularly to advise on the terms of building and EPC contracts, subcontracts and collateral warranties, equipment supply agreements, bonds and guarantees, and professional appointments.
- Recommended, Legal 500 UK 2013-2015, London: Real Estate - Construction
Select News & Events
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP Launches Construction Mediation Practice
- Tenth Annual Construction Industry Tax Issues Seminar, Co-sponsored by the AzBusiness Magazine
- Eighth Annual Construction Industry Tax Issues Seminar
- Seventh Annual Construction Industry Tax Issues Seminar