Oil and Gas JVs and Other Agreements: Anti-corruption and Antitrust Compliance(A Steptoe-Sponsored Event)
February 7, 2013
Click here for access to the recording from this webinar.
Please join Steptoe for a complimentary webinar featuring:
- Edward Schwartz, Antitrust Partner, Steptoe
- Richard Battaglia, International Regulation & Compliance Senior Counsel, Steptoe (former Senior Counsel - Regulatory Compliance, BP)
- Moderator Biz Scott, Energy & Pipeline Partner, Steptoe
Date: Thursday, February 7, 2013
Time: 12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. EST
The oil and gas industry depends heavily upon joint ventures and other collaborations between and among competitors in order to expand exploration and development opportunities, share cost and risk, take advantage of the efficiencies resulting from combining complementary assets, and for other reasons that ultimately benefit both the industry and consumers. However, the unique risks under both antitrust and anti-corruption laws that these collaborations raise have increased significantly in recent years. When collaborating with business partners, companies need to be aware of these risks.
Our panelists will place this development into perspective. Topics for discussion include:
- Arrangements and conduct that create antitrust and anti-corruption risk
- Recent trends and developments in enforcement in the oil and gas industry
- Structuring joint ventures and other competitor collaborations so as to minimize antitrust and anti-corruption risk
- Managing compliance programs to identify and prevent these risks
CLE credit is pending in AZ, CA, IL, NY, and VA.