- Lawrence A. Katz
- Steven D. Wheeless
- Alan M. Bayless Feldman
- Elizabeth A. Schallop Call
- Doug Janicik
- Laura Antonuccio
- Sophia Alonso
- Erin Norris Bass
13th Annual Labor Relations ConferenceA Steptoe and Arizona Society for Human Resource Management co-sponsored event
May 25, 2016
We hope you will join us in Phoenix on May 25 for our annual Labor Relations Conference. This full-day program, typically attended by over 200 registrants, is intended to keep human resources and labor relations professionals up to date with developments under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA).
Click on the link above to register.
Date: Wednesday, May 25, 2016
Time: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
This program includes a hosted luncheon.
Location: Arizona Biltmore
2400 East Missouri Avenue
- Philip A. Miscimarra, National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) Member since 2013
- Larry Katz, Partner, Steptoe's Phoenix office
- Steve Wheeless, Partner, Steptoe's Phoenix office
- Alan Bayless Feldman, Partner, Steptoe's Phoenix office
- Additional members of Steptoe's Labor & Employment Group
Key Topics for Discussion Include:
- The most important NLRB decisions from the past year
- NLRB joint employment decisions after Browning-Ferris
- NLRB micro-bargaining decisions after Specialty Healthcare
- Labor's newest weapon: intermittent work stoppages
- Responding to NLRB subpoenas and requests for witnesses
- NLRB's expanded definition of "protected concerted activity"
- Banning video and audio recording in the workplace
- The obligation of a successor employer to adopt union and/or CBA
- Responding to demonstrations at the work site
- Handbook rules on confidentiality and disparagement
- Changing employment terms during an organizing campaign
Special Bonus Programs:
- Steptoe lawyer Sophia Alonso, who spent six years with NLRB Regions 2 and 28, will share insights on how employers can best deal with the Board.
- Two of our employment lawyers will discuss the EEOC's recent addition of wage information to the EEO-1 reporting requirements.
View the full agenda here.
Cost Per Company:
$150 - First registered participant
$125 - Second registered participant
$100 - Third registered participant
Additional participants - Complimentary
SHRM members save 20% if registered by April 29.
HRCI and CLE credits are pending approval.