Product Defense Strategies for REACH & BiocidesA Steptoe-sponsored event
June 7-8, 2016
Annual Chemicals Regulation Seminar
Please join us on June 7-8, 2016 for our 4th Annual Chemicals Regulation Seminar in Brussels. Speakers are drawn from the European Commission, European Chemicals Agency (ECHA), Member State competent authorities, industry, the European Court of Justice, the European Ombudsman, and members of Steptoe's global Environment & Life Sciences team. Participation is free of charge.
Click on the link above to register.
This seminar will focus on lessons from industry regarding product defense under REACH and biocides regimes, and what to expect in view of this experience and regulatory trends.
Date: June 7 - 8, 2016
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Networking cocktail reception to follow both evenings
Location: Le Châtelain Hotel Brussels
rue de Châtelain 17
- Market Access and Barriers: Active substances and biocidal products
- Legal Remedies and Recourse (Board of Appeal of ECHA, European Court of Justice, European Ombudsman)
- Priorities, Challenges, Wish Lists – Views from the Commission and Industry
- In-situ Generated Active Substances and Food Contact Materials
- Dr. Pierre Choraine, Head of Unit Biocides, DG Health and Food Safety, European Commission
- Hugues Kenigswald, Head of Unit Biocides Assessment, ECHA
- Lambros Papadias, Head of Unit - Legal, Complaints and Inquiries Unit, European Ombudsman
- Dr. Marcel Hulsman, Account Manager Biocides, Dutch Board for the Authorisation of Plant Protection Products and Biocides (Ctgb)
- Pascale Hecker, Judicial Assistant to Judge Küllike Jürimäe, European Court of Justice
- Raf Bruyndonckx, Sector Group Manager Biocides, Cefic - The European Chemical Industry Council
- Nathalie Hanon, Regulatory Affairs Manager Europe, Troy Chemical Company
- Ian Watt, European Product Stewardship and Regulatory Manager, Dow Microbial Control
- Dr. Ludger Grunwald, Director Regulatory Affairs Europe, Ecolab Deutschland GmbH
Wednesday, June 8, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. - Focus on REACH
- Current Developments and REACH Review 2017
- REACH substance evaluation
- TSCA reform
- The New REACH data sharing regulation
- European Commission actions on nano under REACH
- Dr. Klaus Berend, Head of Unit: REACH, DG for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs, European Commission
- Sharon McGuinness, Assistant Chief Executive, Health & Safety Authority Ireland, Chemicals & Prevention Division
- Federico Maria Musso, Policy Offier, DG for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs, European Commission
- Jody Quirke, Legal Officer, DG Environment, European Commission
- Sylvie Lemoine, EU Government Affairs, Dow Corning Europe
To view the full draft agenda, please click here.