Brexit: Legal & Regulatory Options for the Re/insurance SectorA Steptoe-sponsored event
July 6, 2016
Mitigating the Risks
The result of the UK referendum on EU membership has triggered an unprecedented crisis in the UK and EU, which threatens the pre-eminent status of the UK’s re/insurance sector and access by firms to the EU and UK markets. Whatever solution is found to this crisis, firms will need time to plan and implement strategies in response.
Please join our Steptoe panel from Brussels and London for a webinar analyzing the legal and regulatory effects of Brexit for the re/insurance sector and how these might be mitigated. Participation is free of charge.
Speakers are drawn from our top-tier EU regulatory re/insurance practice, our Swiss-EU team, and our trade practice.
|Date:||Wednesday, July 6|
|Time:||3:30 p.m. - 4:45 p.m. (Click here for the time in your area)|
Topics of Discussion:
- Setting the scene and current state of play
- Options under consideration for the UK and the EU and what they mean for the re/insurance sector
- Prudential supervision and market conduct in a post-Brexit world
- Passporting rights to the EU market for UK-authorized firms and to the UK for EEA firms
- Effects of Brexit on EU-equivalent/non-equivalent re/insurers
- Planning for the best/worst case scenario
- Alexis Lautenberg, Steptoe Advisor and former Swiss Ambassador to the UK and the EU
- Angus Rodger, Partner (London), Re/insurance Regulatory Practice
- Philip Woolfson, Partner (Brussels), Re/insurance Regulatory Practice
- Guy Soussan, Partner (Brussels), Re/insurance Regulatory Practice
- Simon Hirsbrunner, Partner (Brussels), Swiss-EU Practice
- James Searles, Partner (Brussels), International Trade Practice
- Daniella Terruso, EU Policy Advisor (Brussels)