Food Contact Compliance Training CourseA Steptoe-sponsored event
September 22, 2016
Please join members of Steptoe's Environment & Life Sciences practice in Columbus, Ohio on September 22 - 23 for a training course on food contact compliance.
|Date:||Thursday, September 22, 2016 from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Friday, September 23, 2016 from 8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Sheraton Columbus Hotel at Capitol Square
Featured Steptoe Speakers:
- Dr. Mitchell Cheeseman, Managing Director, Washington
- Sara Beth Watson, Of Counsel, Washington
- Deborah Attwood, Associate, Washington
- Gyöngyi David, Associate, Brussels
The course will cover all aspects of food contact compliance including:
- An overview of US food contact law and regulations
- An overview of harmonized EU food contact legislation and national measures
- An introduction to global food contact regulations, and the use of US and EU compliance as a stepping stone to global compliance
- A tutorial in interpreting and applying FDA regulations and other FDA clearances
- Information and guidance on safety assessments
- Considerations for use of the Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) concept
- Hot topics in food contact regulation in the US and EU
- Relevant synergies between REACH, the EU chemical regulatory regime and food contact legislation
- An overview of how the recent amendments to the US Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) will impact you
- Additional topics in environmental and chemical regulatory compliance
Click here for a copy of the program agenda.