EU Biocides Seminar: The End of the BeginningA Steptoe-sponsored event
May 18, 2017
EU Chemicals Regulation in 2017: Confronting the Issues
Please join us on Thursday, May 18 in Brussels for our annual EU Biocides Seminar. Speakers are drawn from the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA), the European Commission, the Swedish Chemicals Agency (KEMI), industry, and Steptoe's biocides team. Participation is free of charge.
Many of the transitional agreements introduced by the EU Biocidal Products Regulation (BPR) come to an end in 2017. While the review program for active substances will continue for many years, the full force of the BPR is only beginning to bite now. Our seminar will provide a forum to exchange views on problem areas, share best practices, and plan for the future.
Click on the link above to register.
|Date:||Thursday, May 18 |
|Time:||11:00 a.m. - 5:45 p.m. |
Registration will be held from 10:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
A networking cocktail reception will follow the event
|Location:||Steptoe & Johnson LLP |
Avenue Louise 489
Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Erik van de Plassche, Chairman of the Biocidal Products Committee, ECHA
- Martinus Nagtzaam, Policy Officer, DG SANTE, European Commission
- Ulrike Frank, Scientific Officer, Swedish Chemicals Agency (KEMI)
- Isabelle Demoment, Director of Regulatory Affairs, Hypred
- Nathalie Hanon, Regulatory Affairs Manager Europe, Troy Chemical Company
- Komal Jain, Senior Director, Chemical Products & Technology Division, American Chemistry Council
- The work of ECHA's Biocidal Products Committee and priorities
- Innovation and the BPR: Happy bedfellows?
- Authorisation strategies: An industry perspective
- The Commission's perspective on enforcement
- Treated articles enforcement
- Litigation on data sharing before the Board of Appeal and the European Court of Justice
- Approaches to biocides beyond the EU: US and Korea
- Issues for downstream users of biocides (cosmetics, food contact, and other uses)
To view a copy of the provisional agenda, please click here.