REACH 2018: Navigate Data Sharing Negotiations SuccessfullyA Steptoe-sponsored event
June 14, 2017
EU Chemicals Regulation in 2017: Confronting the Issues
Please join us on Wednesday, June 14 in Brussels for our annual EU REACH Seminar, focused on data sharing negotiations ahead of the 2018 deadline. Speakers include representatives of the European Commission, the Substance Identity and Data Sharing Unit at the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA), industry, and Steptoe’s REACH and EU Competition teams. Participation is free of charge.
The last REACH registration deadline for chemicals placed on the European market is May 31, 2018. Data sharing and joint submission of data are mandatory requirements through which companies or groups of companies can reduce the costs of registration, make the most of their Lead Registrant position, and avoid unnecessary testing. Our seminar will draw on our team’s unparalleled experience with REACH and appeals before the Board of Appeal of ECHA to share lessons from past disputes and help you understand your options in case of an impasse.
|Date:||Wednesday, June 14 |
|Time:||12:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. |
Registration will be held from 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., followed by lunch
A networking cocktail reception will also follow the event
|Location:||Steptoe & Johnson LLP |
Avenue Louise 489
- Mehdi Hocine, Deputy Head of Unit REACH, DG GROW, European Commission
- Substance Identity and Data Sharing Unit, ECHA (Representative TBC)
- Jean-Philippe Gennart, SIEF Manager, Concawe
- 2018 registration deadline: what are the challenges?
- Data sharing disputes, appeals, and remedies
- Global use of data submitted for REACH: scope of rights (REACH and K-REACH comparative perspective; consequences of TSCA reform)
- How to negotiate data sharing for groups of substances
- How to calculate non-data costs
- Antitrust considerations: when are they relevant?
An agenda will be circulated in due time.