- Environment & Life Sciences
- Environment: Air, Land, Water & Waste
- Life Sciences, Food & Health
Steptoe regularly represents and advises clients who manufacture, distribute, use, and transport chemical products on a broad spectrum of regulatory programs and policy including:
- Antimicrobials (FIFRA) & Biocides (BPD & BPR)
- Chinese Chemical Regulation
- Consortium, Data Rights & Trade Association Management
- REACH / CLP
We represent major national trade associations and their members, and this representation has informed our forward-looking perspective on emerging regulatory issues. Our lawyers also are experienced with Food Quality Protection Act (FQPA), the Federal Hazardous Substances Act (FHSA), the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), and the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA or Superfund). We assist individual companies and the industry as a whole defend products in administrative proceedings, arbitrations, federal and state courts, and international environmental fora around the world.
Steptoe also provides a nationally known regulatory litigation capability, concentrating on challenges to agency action, enforcement defense, and preemption before appellate and trial courts as well as administrative agencies. We help clients integrate regulatory, litigation, and government relations strategies to optimize results.
Click here to e-mail the Chemical Regulatory team with questions or comments.
- Ranked Band One, Legal 500 Europe, Middle East & Africa for EU Regulatory Chemicals (REACH) 2011 and 2012 (Belgium)
- Steptoe Brussels Regulatory Environment Group Ranked as Leading Firm by Chambers Europe 2009
Select News & Events
- Chambers Europe 2013 Recognizes Steptoe Practices and Lawyers
- Steptoe Recommended in Legal 500 EMEA 2013
- Steptoe Bolsters Environment & Life Sciences Practice with Ruxandra Cana and Her Team
- Chemical Watch Quotes Darren Abrahams on ECHA Administrative Fees
- “The Impact of the New Biocidal Product Regulation on the Use of Biocides in Food Contact Applications,” Smithers Pira's 2013 Plastics & Paper in Contact with Foodstuffs Conference
- “Scientific and Policy Analysis of Persistent, Bioaccumulative, and Toxic (PBT) Chemicals: A Comparison of Practices in Asia, Europe and North America,” PBT Science and Policy Workshop
- Informa Life Science’s Chemical Industries Regulations Conference
- 2013 Green Chemistry Conference
April 2013, ChemicalWatch
March 2013, ChemicalWatch