- Consumer Products
- Environment & Natural Resources
- EU Chemicals, REACH & CLP, Biocides & Pesticides
- EU Environmental
- Food & Dietary Supplements
- NEPA Infrastructure Projects
- Pesticides & Antimicrobials
- US/EU Environment & Life Sciences
Steptoe regularly represents clients on cutting-edge issues affecting chemical manufacturers and users, such as HPV, endocrine issues under FQPA, human testing, and coordination among federal agencies. Through our representation of major national trade associations and their members, Steptoe has a unique forward-looking perspective on emerging regulatory issues.
Steptoe regularly advises clients who manufacture, distribute, use, and transport chemical products on a broad spectrum of regulatory programs and policy issues.
Steptoe attorneys are experienced with the following:
- Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA)
- Food Quality Protection Act (FQPA)
- Federal Hazardous Substances Act (FHSA)
- Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA or Superfund)
- Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA)
Steptoe also provides a nationally known regulatory litigation capability, concentrating on challenges to agency action, enforcement defense, and preemption before appellate and trial courts as well as administrative agencies. We help clients integrate regulatory, litigation, and government relations strategies to optimize results.
Click here to e-mail the Chemical Regulatory team with questions or comments.
- Ranked Band One, Legal 500 Europe, Middle East & Africa for EU Regulatory Chemicals (REACH) 2011 and 2012 (Belgium)
- Steptoe Brussels Regulatory Environment Group Ranked as Leading Firm by Chambers Europe 2009
Select News & Events
- Chambers Europe 2013 Recognizes Steptoe Practices and Lawyers
- Steptoe Recommended in Legal 500 EMEA
- Steptoe Bolsters Environment & Life Sciences Practice with Ruxandra Cana and Her Team
- Chemical Watch Quotes Darren Abrahams on ECHA Administrative Fees
- 2013 Green Chemistry Conference
- "Regulation of Hazardous Substances in the United States," REACH, RoHS and Hazardous Substances: A Challenge for the Watch Industry
- Chemicals Industries Regulations Conference
- "New EU Regime for Plant Protection Products", Annual Conference on European Environmental Law 2011, European Academy of Law
April 2013, ChemicalWatch
March 2013, ChemicalWatch