- Chemical Regulation
- Consumer Products
- Environment & Life Sciences
- Environment: Air, Land, Water & Waste
Life Sciences, Food & Health
Steptoe’s lawyers and regulatory specialists in Brussels, London, and Washington advise clients on the range of life science, food, and health regulations and regimes that exist worldwide. Our multi-disciplinary team consists of highly specialized and experienced lawyers, former decision makers in the leading regulatory authorities, non-attorney regulatory specialists, and scientists who work with clients to develop innovative compliance strategies for individual products and product lines. Steptoe has well established relationships with the relevant industry bodies and regulators, including the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), and the European Commission (EC).
We represent leading multinational and national companies in several industries, advising with regulatory compliance in:
- Consumer Products
- Drugs and Medicinal Products
- Endangered Species Act and other Wildlife Protection Statutes
- Food Contact & Food Regulation
- Medical Devices
We also advise clients on consumer protection legislation in the US and EU, provide risk-management advice to companies in issues related to Life Sciences, Food & Health, and in the regulatory aspects of the product development and marketing programs in these fields.
Click here to e-mail the US/EU Environment & Life Sciences team with questions or comments.
Select News & Events
- Food Chemical News Features Mitchell Cheeseman in Q&A on FDA GRAS Rule
- Steptoe Receives Six Practice, 22 Individual Mentions in The Legal 500 EMEA
- Steptoe Helps Secure Success Before European Ombudsman for GM Food & Feed
- Steptoe Receives Six Practice, 14 Individual Mentions The Legal 500 EMEA
- Product Defense Strategies for REACH & Biocides
- "BPA: The Current State of Play,” American Beverage Association
- "California Prop 65 and BPA,” American Beverage Association
- Latest Developments in Regulation of Sports Foods in the EU: Obligations and Implications