Antitrust Counseling and Compliance
Compliance with the antitrust laws across multiple jurisdictions forms an integral part of corporate governance and risk management. Steptoe’s transatlantic antitrust team recognizes that compliance is not just about implementing in-house training to employees and officers –it requires commitment by senior management and goes hand-in-hand with corporate culture and governance.
We provide integrated and solution-focused advice to global companies, helping them identify the areas of possible exposure and manage the risk of government investigations and private litigation. We regularly design and conduct antitrust compliance programs tailored to the industry sector of each client, including preparing antitrust guidelines, conducting antitrust audits and special investigations, and creating educational programs for corporate employees. We also advise clients on their cooperation agreements and other business relationships with competitors, customers, and other industry participants to limit antitrust exposure.
- Advising an international healthcare client on complex vertical resale price maintenance issues.
- Advising on the antitrust issues arising from patent settlement agreements in the IT, agro-seeds and GMO sectors.
- Advising on the compatibility of CPU design and licensing business models with EU competition law.
- Advising on the design and implementation of distribution networks in the EU.
- Advising on the limits of permissible information exchanges between competitors at meetings of trade associations.
- Providing competition law guidelines for trade associations and monitoring their activities to ensure compliance with competition law.
- Advising luxury goods manufacturers on the competition aspects of e-commerce .