Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation, Insolvency & Creditors' Rights
- Government Contracts
- Intellectual Property
- Professional Liability
- Securities Litigation & Enforcement
- Business and Human Rights
- Boston College Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1979, Articles Editor, Boston College Law Review, Boston College National Moot Court Team
- Northwestern University, B.A., cum laude, 1976
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- Ohio (inactive)
- US Supreme Court
- US Courts of Appeals for the District of Columbia, Second, Third, Fourth, Sixth and Federal Circuits
- US District Court for the District of Columbia
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- US District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- US Court of Federal Claims
- US Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
William Koegel, Jr.
Washington DC 20036
William Koegel, Jr. is a partner in the Washington-based law firm of Steptoe, where he is a member of the Litigation and Business Solutions Departments and the Intellectual Property group. He also serves as legal counsel and professional responsibility advisor to the firm.
Commercial and Business Litigation
Mr. Koegel's experience in commercial litigation encompasses defending clients on matters involving contracts, business torts, copyright and trademark infringement of computer software and systems, the Uniform Commercial Code, the False Claims Act and RICO.
Mr. Koegel advised clients regarding securities and shareholder derivative claims, the representation of Special Committees of Boards of Directors and related matters.
Mr. Koegel serves as legal counsel for Steptoe & Johnson LLP, and in that capacity also advises the firm and its partners on matters of professional responsibility. He has represented attorneys and law firms in both legal malpractice actions and disciplinary procedures.