Areas of Practice
- REACH / CLP
- Antimicrobials (FIFRA) & Biocides (BPD & BPR)
- Consumer Products
- International Regulation & Compliance
- University of Essex, Ph.D and B.A. (Hons.), Chemistry
- University of Surrey, Postdoctoral Research Fellow
TEL: +32 2 626 0500
FAX: +32 2 626 0510
Dr. Barry Podd is a technical & regulatory advisor in Steptoe’s Brussels office. Prior to joining the firm, Dr. Podd spent 26 years within the chemical industry in various positions, including research and development, marketing, sales, and regulatory affairs. He also served as associate director of global regulatory affairs for a major multinational consumer goods company.
Dr. Podd has been heavily involved in numerous trade associations, including EDANA, where he chaired the Industrial Wipes Group and the REACH Core Group. He also participated in the European Tissue Symposium (ETS), serving as a member of its Food Contact Working Group and representing the European Tissue Industry on a number of cross-industry working groups.
Select News & Events
- Overcoming New Hurdles: Biocides, REACH, and Food Contact Materials, (A Steptoe-sponsored Event)