Areas of Practice
- International Trade & Investment
- International Trade Policy & Negotiations
- WTO Dispute Settlement
- ERISA, Labor & Employment
- International Regulation & Compliance
- Export Controls
- Economic Sanctions
- Columbia University School of Law, J.D., 2011, Sr. Student Editor, American Review of International Arbitration, James Kent Scholar
- Harvard University, Harvard Kennedy School, International Development, M.P.A., 2011
- Macalester College, B.A., magna cum laude, 2004
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- New York
Washington DC 20036
TEL: +1 202 429 6417
FAX: +1 202 429 3902
Bibek Pandey is an associate in Steptoe’s Washington office, where he focuses on international regulatory compliance and matters relating to the investment of employee benefit capital.
Mr. Pandey advises clients on compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and economic sanctions administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). He has conducted internal investigations relating to compliance, and prepared voluntary disclosures to relevant US government agencies, including the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) at the Commerce Department and the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) at the State Department. He also has experience with reporting obligations and substantive prohibitions of US anti-boycott laws under the EAR as well as the Internal Revenue Code.
Mr. Pandey has conducted investigations under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), and has counseled clients on anti-corruption compliance. He also advises governments in their negotiation of international trade agreements, and has been involved in dispute settlement proceedings before the World Trade Organization (WTO).
In addition, Mr. Pandey practices in the firm’s ERISA, Labor and Employment Group, where he advises global banks, broker-dealers and asset managers on matters relating to the investment of employee benefit capital, as well as stable value contracts. He also supports Steptoe’s pro bono efforts by providing legal services to the homeless and by assisting clients on immigration matters.
Mr. Pandey’s prior experience includes interning at the Appellate Body Secretariat of the WTO in Geneva and with the Honorable Judge Chester J. Straub of the Second Circuit in New York, as well as working as an economics research associate at the Spencer Foundation in Chicago.
Select News & Events
- WorldECR Again Names Steptoe ‘Export Control Law Firm of the Year, USA’
- WorldECR Names Steptoe ‘Export Controls Law Firm of the Year, USA’