Areas of Practice
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1996, Executive Editor, Virginia Law Review, Order of the Coif, Edgar F. Shannon Award
- University of Virginia, B.A., 1987
- Hon. Mary M. Schroeder, US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1996-1997
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- US Supreme Court
- US Courts of Appeals for the Second, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Ninth, Eleventh, District of Columbia, and Federal Circuits
- US District Courts for the District of Columbia, Eastern District of Virginia, and Eastern District of Michigan
Washington DC 20036
TEL: +1 202 429 6747
FAX: +1 202 429 3902
Bruce Bishop is of counsel in Steptoe's Washington office, where he is a member of the Litigation Department.
Mr. Bishop's practice focuses on white-collar criminal defense and appellate advocacy. He was a member of the trial team that successfully defended former Teamsters President Ron Carey, and has participated in the defense of executives from America Online, HealthSouth, Tyco, Rite Aid, and Archer Daniels Midland.
Mr. Bishop has represented individual, corporate, and nonprofit clients in federal appeals in the areas of white-collar criminal defense, civil RICO, labor, FCPA, commercial litigation, bankruptcy, construction, customs, tax, FOIA, and disability discrimination. He is admitted to practice before the US Supreme Court and nine US Courts of Appeals, and has argued appeals in the Second, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, and DC Circuits.
In 2000, Mr. Bishop served as a "loaned associate" at the Legal Aid Society of the District of Columbia, where he represented clients in the areas of family relations, landlord-tenant, and public benefits.
- Washington, DC Super Lawyers, White-Collar Criminal Defense, 2013 - 2016
Select News & Events
- Media Cover Steptoe’s Federal Court Win for Ex-Acclarent CEO Bill Facteau
- Steptoe Secures Federal Court Victory for Ex-Acclarent CEO William Facteau
- Washington, DC Super Lawyers Recognizes 55 Steptoe Attorneys
- Steptoe Scores Landmark Acquittal for BP Executive Charged in Gulf Disaster
- Washington, DC Super Lawyers Recognizes 54 Steptoe Attorneys
- Washington, DC Super Lawyers Recognizes 59 Steptoe Attorneys