Areas of Practice
- Stanford Law School, J.D., 1992, Hilmer Oehlmann, Jr.
- Award, Lawrason Driscoll, Moot Court Award, Associate Editor, Stanford Law Review, President, Moot Court Board
- Yale College, B.A., magna cum laude, 1987
- Hon. T.S. Ellis, III, US District for the Eastern District of Virginia, 1992-1993
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US District Court, District of Maryland
- US District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- US District Court, Eastern District of California
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Chong S. Park
Washington DC 20036
TEL: +1 202 429 6275
FAX: +1 202 429 3902
Chong S. Park is a partner in Steptoe's Washington office. Mr. Park’s practice focuses on antitrust litigation, representation of clients in governmental investigations, and complex civil litigation.
Mr. Park provides clients unique insights and broad representation as an antirust counselor, litigator, and trial lawyer. He has successfully first-chaired bench and jury trials in federal and state courts and also has extensive ADR experience. Mr. Park served as the lead managing attorney and co-lead trial counsel in the Federal Trade Commission’s Unocal standard-setting investigation and litigation. Following his federal government service, Mr. Park has represented companies as both plaintiffs and defendants in connection with antitrust lawsuits.
Mr. Park has substantial experience in cases involving the intersection of intellectual property and antitrust law. He has litigated numerous cases involving issues of standards abuse and the alleged wrongful procurement and enforcement of patents for unfair competitive advantage. Mr. Park also has represented high technology companies in connection with investigations relating to the enforcement and licensing of standards-essential patents before the EU and US antitrust agencies. Mr. Park also has counseled high technology companies relating to patent pooling, licensing, and consortium activities.
Mr. Park maintains a varied and active pro bono practice and has represented individuals and non-profit organizations in cases relating to disability rights discrimination, wrongful death and civil rights violations, criminal proceedings and appeals, asylum proceedings, and immigration appeals. Mr. Park serves on the Board of the Asian Pacific American Legal Resource Center and is active in the Asian Pacific American legal community.
Mr. Park holds a black belt in tae kwon do and competes on the local, state, and national levels.
- Savant Systems, LLC v. Crestron Electronics, Inc., Case No. 10-cv-11622-EFH, United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts. Counsel for defendant in pending antitrust litigation relating to electronic automation and control products.
- Edwards, et al. v. National Milk Producers Federation, et al., Case No. 4:10-cv-4766; Robb, et al. v. National Milk Producers Federation, et al., Case No. 3:11-cv-4791; Boys and Girls Club, et al., Case No. 4:11-cv-5253, US District Court for the Northern District of California. Counsel for defendant National Milk Producers Federation in pending class action antitrust lawsuit.
- Cellular South, Inc., et al. v. AT&T, Inc., et al., Case No. 1:11-cv-01690-ESH, US District Court for the District of Columbia. Represented C-Spire (Cellular South) in antitrust action opposing proposed merger of AT&T and T-Mobile.
- In re Rembrandt Technologies Litigation, MDL Docket 07-mdl-1848 (GMS), US District Court for the District of Delaware. Represented CISCO, Motorola, Scientific-Atlanta, Arris Group, Thomson, Ambit Microsystems, and Netgear in connection with affirmative antitrust and unfair competition claims asserted against Rembrandt Technologies.
- Greenheck Fan Corp. v. Loren Cook Co., Case No. 3:08-cv-00335, US District Court for the Western District Court of Wisconsin. Represented Loren Cook Company in assertion of Walker Process antitrust counterclaims.
- In re Wellbutrin XL Antitrust Litigation, Case Nos. 2:08-cv-2431, 2:08-cv-2433, US District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Represented GSK in defending antitrust claims brought by proposed classes of direct and indirect purchasers.
- 02 Micro Int'l Ltd. v. Rohm Co., Ltd., Case No. 2-05CV-211, US District Court for the Eastern District of Texas. Represented Rohm in assertion of antitrust counterclaims.
- Telecheck International v. LML Payment Systems, Inc., Case No. 2:05-cv-00270, US District Court for the Eastern District of Texas. Represented LML Payment Systems in assertion of antitrust counterclaims.
- Samsung Electronics, Co. Ltd. v. Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd., Civ No. 6:06-CV00154, US District Court for the Eastern District of Texas. Represented Samsung in the assertion of affirmative fraud and unfair competition claims.
- Federal Trade Commission Award for Superior Service, 2005
Select News & Events
- Not So Quiet on the Eastern Front: Emerging Antitrust Regimes in Asia, November 17, 2011
- Law360 Quotes Chong Park in Competition Stories
- Steptoe’s Antitrust Group Adds Partner Chong S. Park
- Antitrust and Administrative Law: The Pros and Cons of Antitrust Enforcement by the FTC, Summer 2010
- The Supreme Court Rediscovers Antitrust: Understanding Recent Decisions, Fall 2007
- Unresolved Questions at the Heart of the Noerr-Pennington Doctrine, Spring 2004
- Chair, Antitrust and Trade Regulation Committee, ABA Section of Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice