Areas of Practice
- Financial Services
- Corporate, Securities & Finance
- Export Control & EU Customs
- EU Law
- EU Regulatory Compliance
- Insurance & Reinsurance
- International Regulation & Compliance
- International Trade & Investment
- London & Brussels Insurance, Reinsurance & Regulatory Practice
- Cybersecurity, Privacy & National Security
- University of London SOAS, Post Graduate Diploma, Public Policy and Management, 2003
- University of Leicester, LL.B., Law with French, 1996
- University of Paris XI, Diplôme de droit français, 1995
TEL: +32 2 626 0598
FAX: +32 2 626 0510
Daniella Terruso is a policy advisor in Steptoe's Brussels office, where she supports a range of practices across the firm.
Daniella has provided policy advice and strategic representation before the EU institutions for government and corporate clients since 1997.
She has assisted EU, third country governments, non-sovereign jurisdictions, and corporate clients, including major insurance companies and trade associations.
Daniella works closely with Steptoe’s lawyers to advise clients on changes to:
- Legislation and supervisory practice affecting the banking and insurance sectors
- EU tax law and policy affecting the life insurance sector
- Third country market access to the European single market, equivalence of legislation and selected trade negotiations (e.g. TTIP)
- The EU personal data protection framework and cybersecurity legislation
- EU export control and sanctions regulations
Daniella is a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) and a certified information privacy professional (Europe) - CIPP/E.
Select News & Events
- Commercial Risk Europe Covers Steptoe’s Brexit Webinar
- Brexit: Legal & Regulatory Options for the Re/insurance Sector, July 6, 2016, A Steptoe-sponsored event
- AILO Names Philip Woolfson James Ball Memorial Award Winner
- AmCham Connect Highlights Brussels Office