Areas of Practice
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., with honors, 2008, Associate Editor, The Review of Litigation
- Georgetown University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2005
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
Washington DC 20036
TEL: +1 202 429 1314
FAX: +1 202 429 3902
Eric J. Lipton is an associate in Steptoe’s Washington office, where he is a member of the Litigation Department. He assists in a variety of matters, including sensitive matters involving professional liability, insurance, securities and corporate governance issues, as well as regulatory investigations and class action defense work.
Of note, Mr. Lipton has assisted in cases involving litigation over complex structured financial products, a special review for the nation’s largest state pension fund, as well as a number of disputes arising between major corporations in multiple jurisdictions, including state and federal courts across the country. Mr. Lipton also participates in Steptoe’s pro bono program, through which he successfully obtained asylum for a victim of domestic violence.
While in law school, Mr. Lipton served as an intern to the Hon. Lawrence M. Baskir of the US Court of Federal Claims.
- Member, American Bar Association