Areas of Practice
- Harvard Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 1973
- University of California, M.A., Physics, 1970
- Princeton University, A.B., magna cum laude, 1968
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- US Supreme Court
- US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- US Court of Federal Claims
- US District Court for the District of Columbia
Washington DC 20036
TEL: +1 202 429 8198
FAX: +1 202 429 3902
Fred Geldon is a senior counsel in the Washington office of Steptoe & Johnson LLP, where he advises clients in connection with government contracts and compliance matters.
For more than 21 years, Mr. Geldon was counsel for EDS US Government Solutions, the business unit of Electronic Data Systems Corporation (now HP Enterprise Services) that performs contracts with agencies of the US government. In this role, Mr. Geldon handled and supervised legal matters involving EDS’ federal government customers. He regularly represented, counseled, and trained EDS contract administrators and business units concerning all aspects of government contracts including bid preparation, bid protests, contract and subcontract negotiation, contract and regulatory interpretation, claims, terminations, compliance, organizational conflicts of interest, and disputes.
Prior to joining EDS, Mr. Geldon was a partner in private practice, where he specialized in government contracts, energy and commercial litigation. From 1983-1985, he served as Assistant Director of the Environmental and Occupational Disease Litigation section of the Torts Branch, Civil Division of the Department of Justice, where he supported the management of the nationwide asbestos litigation involving the United States. Mr. Geldon began his legal career in 1973 as a law clerk to the Honorable William B. Bryant, Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia.
Mr. Geldon is currently an Adjunct Professor of Computer Science at George Mason University, and conducts frequent training sessions for the Public Contracting Institute and Federal Publications in Compliance, Organizational Conflicts of Interest, Contract Closeout, and a variety of other government contracts topics. Mr. Geldon has lectured and participated in government contracts programs at the George Washington University National Law Center (Government Contracts Program), ESI International, the American Bar Association, the District of Columbia Bar, the National Contract Management Association, the American Corporate Counsel Association, Federal Systems Summit, GSA Trail Boss Program, Centre Consulting, and Grant Thornton Government Contractor Roundtable. Mr. Geldon also sings with the Fairfax Jubil-Aires barbershop chorus and Men In Stripes barbershop quartet.
Select News & Events
- Masters Academy: Best Practices in Government Contracting, Public Contracting Institute, January 24, 2017
- Organizational Conflicts of Interest in Government Contracting, Public Contracting Institute, December 8, 2016
- Organizational Conflicts of Interest, The Nash & Cibinic Report Roundtable, December 1, 2016
- Government Contractor Supply Chain Toolkit Webinar, October 20, 2015, (A Steptoe-sponsored event)
- "Professor’s Forum Webinar: Applicability of OCIs and PCIs," Public Contracting Institute, April 30, 2015
- "Masters Academy: Best Practices in Government Contracting Seminar," Public Contracting Institute, April 22, 2015
- Steptoe Adds Government Contracts Lawyer Fred Geldon
- New Developments in Government Contract Litigation1986, Practical Law Journal, Vol. 31, No. 7
- Public Contract Law1985, The Legal Framework of Foreign Investment in the United States, Vol. II, Ch. 8
- Planning for the Negotiated Settlement of ClaimsMay 31, 1982, BNA Federal Contract Reporter, No. 934