Areas of Practice
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2009
- The George Washington University, B.A., magna cum laude, Political Science (minor in Economics), 2006
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- New York
Washington DC 20036
TEL: +1 202 327 6940
FAX: +1 202 429 3902
Georgios A. Leris advises telecommunications, satellite operators, leading Internet providers, media companies, and trade associations on regulatory, policy, transactional, and litigation matters before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), appellate courts, and Congress.
Mr. Leris represents clients in regulatory review of mergers and acquisitions, rulemaking, licensing, compliance, and reform within the U.S. He also represents clients in regulatory and compliance matters globally.
Mr. Leris regularly engages on a variety of pro bono matters, including working on a death penalty representation, and on telecommunications-related public safety issues.
Before joining Steptoe, Mr. Leris worked in the field of international arbitration in Europe.
- Served as counsel for intervenors in support of respondents in US Telecom Assoc. v. FCC, 825 F.3d 674 (DC Cir. 2016)
- Served as counsel for Amicus Curiae in support of respondents in State of Tennessee v. FCC, 832 F. 3d 597 (6th Cir. 2016)
- Served as counsel for intervenors DISH Network Corp. in support of respondents in CBS Corp. v. FCC, 785 F.3d 699 (DC Cir. 2015)
Select News & Events
- Federal Advisory Committee for WRC-19
- American Bar Association
- Federal Communications Bar Association