Areas of Practice
- Food Contact Materials and Food Safety
- Environment & Life Sciences
- Chemical Regulation
- REACH / CLP
- Antimicrobials (FIFRA) & Biocides (BPD & BPR)
- Consumer Products
- Medical Devices
- EU Law
- Humboldt University Berlin, Master Degree in German and European law and legal practice (M.LL.P), 2008-2009
- Babes-Bolyai University and University of Pécs, Joint Master Degree in European Private Law, 2005-2007
- Lucian Blaga University, Law Degree, 2005-2007
- Petru Maior University, Bachelor Degree in Administrative Law, 2001-2005
Bar & Court Admissions
- Member of the Mures Bar
- Brussels Bar [E List]
TEL: +32 2 626 0526
FAX: +32 2 626 0510
Gyöngyi David is a member of Steptoe’s Environment & Life Sciences Group, based in Brussels. Ms. David focuses her practice on EU regulatory requirements in the chemicals and food areas.
She works with clients in four main areas:
Chemical and product regulations. Ms. David has experience advising clients on REACH, CLP, biocides, RoHS2 & WEEE, as well as the General Product Safety Directive (GPSD).
- In the REACH area, she advises on cost-effective compliance strategies, data sharing negotiations, consortia management, regulatory due diligence, and assessment of related competition law issues
- In relation to the GPSD, she advised consumer products companies in sectors such as textile and footwear manufacturing, and household products
Food, food contact materials, and cosmetics. Ms. David has assisted clients in compliance of food contact materials with EU and national legislation, composition and assessment of food and cosmetic products – including the analysis of borderline products – and the marketing of food products in multiple European countries.
Market access. Ms. David assists clients in removing barriers to market access for products across the EU internal market.
Litigation. Ms. David has advised clients on litigation strategy before the Board of Appeal of the European Chemicals Agency and the Court of Justice of the EU.
Ms. David’s professional experience includes work in the European Commission’s DG Competition focusing on the consumer products and manufacturing sector. She has been in Brussels in private practice since 2012.
Select News & Events
- The DoC for Food Contact Materials: New Challenges Ahead?, December 6, 2016, A Steptoe-sponsored event
- Regulatory Considerations for Food Contact Materials in the EU: Hot Topics, November 16, 2016, ILSI Europe's 6th International Symposium on Food Packaging
- Food Contact Compliance Training Course, September 22, 2016, A Steptoe-sponsored event