Areas of Practice
- International Regulation & Compliance
- FCPA / Anti-Corruption
- Economic Sanctions
- Export Controls
- Government & Internal Investigations
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., magna cum laude, 2013, Order of the Coif, Sr. Administrative Editor, The Georgetown Law Journal
- American University, M.A.T., 2008
- Tulane University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2006, Phi Beta Kappa, Dean's Honor Scholarship
- Hon. Judge Jan E. DuBois, US District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2013-2014
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
Washington DC 20036
TEL: +1 202 429 8093
FAX: +1 202 429 3902
John London is an associate in Steptoe's Washington office, where he is a member of the firm's International Regulation & Compliance Group.
Mr. London advises clients in matters related to international regulatory compliance, focusing particularly on FCPA/anti-corruption and US export control matters.
Mr. London has assisted clients with matters related to US and international anti-corruption laws, including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and debarment proceedings before the World Bank and other International Financial Institutions (IFI). Mr. London assists clients in conducting internal investigations of alleged violations of anti-corruption laws, including assisting clients with IFI audits, investigations, and enforcement actions related to alleged corrupt practices. Mr. London has conducted risk assessments of client businesses and developed anticorruption policies and procedures. Mr. London also has assisted clients with their obligations under US law related to whistleblower protections.
Mr. London has assisted clients with matters related to US export control laws, including the Commerce Department’s Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the State Department’s International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and sanctions regulations administered by the Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and the State Department. Mr. London has assisted clients with transactional advice, licensing opinions, and work on export control policies and procedures. Mr. London has conducted audits and investigations of client export control programs, including the preparation of voluntary disclosures and responses during ongoing enforcement actions. Mr. London also has assisted individuals seeking de-listing from OFAC’s sanctions lists.
Before joining the firm, Mr. London clerked for the Honorable Jan E. DuBois, US District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Prior to law school, Mr. London taught high school math in Washington, DC through the Teach for America program.
Select News & Events
- "International Compliance Issues for CGIAR Webinar"
- WorldECR Again Names Steptoe ‘Export Control Law Firm of the Year, USA’
- WorldECR Names Steptoe ‘Export Controls Law Firm of the Year, USA’
- Co-author, The “Demand Side” of Transnational Bribery and Corruption: Why Leveling the Playing Field on the Supply Side Isn’t EnoughNovember 2015, 84 Fordham L. Rev. 563