Areas of Practice
- Business & Financial Restructuring
- Commercial Litigation
- Distressed Asset Sales
- Professional Liability
- Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2000, Order of the Coif, Member, Wake Forest Law Review
- Johns Hopkins University, B.A. in International Studies and Psychology, 1997
- Honorable William L. Stocks, US Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of North Carolina, 2002-2003
- Honorable E. Stephen Derby, US Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland, 2001-2002
- Honorable Johanna L. Fitzpatrick, Court of Appeals of Virginia, 2000-2001
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- North Carolina
- US Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- US Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US District Court, Maryland
- US District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- US District Court, Middle District of North Carolina
- US District Court, Western District of North Carolina
- US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
Washington DC 20036
TEL: +1 202 429 6281
FAX: +1 202 429 3902
Joshua R. Taylor is special counsel in Steptoe’s Washington office, where he focuses his practice on bankruptcy and debtor/creditor rights. He represents clients in bankruptcy matters across the country.
These clients encompass a wide range of industries, including commercial mortgage, transportation, labor and employment, natural resources, energy, and retail. He is a member of the Steptoe team representing the pilots’ union for American Airlines in that company’s reorganization. He also represented Greenberg Traurig in the Heller Ehrman Bankruptcy, and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries in a number of cases throughout the United States.
Additionally, at the appellate level, Mr. Taylor was part of the Steptoe team that achieved a victory in Ogle v. Fidelity Deposit Co. at US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, which allowed for creditors’ contractual claims for post-petition fees in collection of debts.
Mr. Taylor also regularly assists clients in out-of-court workouts and financial transactions.