Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Government & Internal Investigations
- Securities Litigation & Enforcement
- White-Collar Criminal Defense
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., with honors, 2012, Notes Editor, The Federal Circuit Bar Journal
- Cornell University, B.S., Human Development, 2007
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
New York NY 10036
TEL: +1 212 506 3974
FAX: +1 212 506 3950
Katie Dubyak, an associate in Steptoe's New York office, concentrates her practice on white-collar criminal defense, complex commercial litigation, corporate internal investigations, and other regulatory inquiries. Her clients span various sectors including finance, technology, and life sciences.
Ms. Dubyak is actively involved in pro bono matters and has represented clients in immigration, adoption, and prisoner rights matters in both state and federal court. While in law school, she interned for the Hon. Robert. I. Richter at the Superior Court for the District of Columbia and the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia.
- Defended a large financial institution against successor-liability claims brought by various monoline insurers and other entities, alleging de facto merger and implied assumption of liability
- Represented a national insurance company in an environmental insurance trial against a utility company seeking to recover costs associated with the remediation of environmental contamination
- Represented a medical device manufacturer in a multistate consumer protection investigation brought by several state attorneys general
- Close, But No Cigar: Recent Changes to the Stressor Verification Process for Veterans with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Why the System Remains Insufficient, 21 Fed. Cir. B. J. 655 (2012).