Areas of Practice
- St. Thomas University School of Law, J.D., 1994
- Tulane University, B.A., 1988
- American University of Rome, Italy, Spring 1987, Art History
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
Washington DC 20036
TEL: +1 202 429 1351
FAX: +1 202 429 3902
Liz LaRocca is of counsel in Steptoe's Washington office, where she focuses her practice primarily on immigration. Her experience includes assisting clients in a variety of industries, including engineering, IT, biotech, healthcare, sports, entertainment, and telecommunications.
Ms. LaRocca has significant experience in PERM labor certifications and employment-based adjustments as well as nonimmigrant petitions for multinational executives, specialized knowledge employees, treaty investors, individuals of extraordinary ability, skilled workers and other professional employees with or without advanced degrees. She advises clients with regard to the intricacies of nonimmigrant visa petitions, and the preparation of immigrant based petitions and naturalization cases. Ms. LaRocca has broad experience drafting appeals, waivers, court motions and briefs, and represents clients at USCIS interviews and in court proceedings. She has in depth experience representing corporate clients in merger and acquisitions, I-9 audits, and E-verify compliance. She also represents clients in complex immigration cases, consular processing and immigration ramifications of criminal charges.
Specifically, Ms. LaRocca has significant experience successfully handling matters such as:
- Counseling on I-9 compliance, and E-Verify issues
- Temporary B-1 (business visitor), E (investors/traders), F (student), H-1B (professionals), I (journalist/reporters), J-1 visas and Conrad 30 waivers (foreign exchange students), K (fiance visas), L-1 (intra-company transferees), O (extraordinary), EB5 (investors), R (religious worker) and TN (NAFTA) visas
- Permanent labor certification, both traditional and “special handling” for college or university teachers
- Extraordinary, outstanding researcher/professor and national interest waiver immigrant visa petitions as well as intracompany transferees for multinational executives and managers
- Representation of health care organizations, universities, colleges and corporations seeking “national interest waivers,” in order to permanently employ foreign nationals in the United States as nurses, physicians, researchers and scientists
- Representation of international organizations that wish to bring foreign nationals to the US to participate in US government-approved exchange-visitor programs allowing the foreign nationals to engage in studies, research and training in certain fields
- Consular processing of nonimmigrant and immigrant visa petitions.
- Adjustment of status and US citizenship
Ms. LaRocca also assists clients with family-based immigration, asylum, removal (formerly deportation), criminal issues and waivers.
Prior to joining Steptoe, Ms. LaRocca supervised and co-managed a high volume non-immigrant visa department for an immigration law firm.
- The Legal 500 US, Labor and Employment: Immigration, 2016
Select News & Events
- Steptoe Announces Promotions
- Getting Your Client Into the US, American Immigration Lawyers Association DC Chapter Fall Conference, November 16, 2016
- Immigration Considerations Before and After a Merger or Acquisition, October 4, 2016
- Steptoe Receives 26 Practice, 120 Individual Mentions in Legal 500 US 2016
- American Immigration Lawyers Association