Areas of Practice
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2006
- California State University, Sacramento, B.A., summa cum laude, 2002
Bar & Court Admissions
- Eastern District of California
- Central District of California
- Northern District of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Los Angeles CA 90071
TEL: +1 213 439 9416
FAX: +1 213 439 9599
Morgan Hector is an associate in Steptoe's Los Angeles office, where he is a member of the Litigation Department. His practice focuses primarily on complex commercial litigation, where he regularly assists in a variety of matters in both federal and state courts. Mr. Hector’s experience includes work on large multi-party, multi-claim disputes involving fraud, negligence, breach of fiduciary duty, and contract claims. Mr. Hector is experienced in all phases of civil litigation, from initial case assessment, written discovery, motion practice, and depositions through trial, including the examination and cross-examination of witnesses.
Mr. Hector also has significant white collar experience, including the representation of defendants in federal criminal actions, the representation of special litigation committees investigating potential violations of securities laws and officer and director misconduct, and the representation of large companies conducting internal investigations of potential violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Second-chaired trial of reorganization plan by a regional real estate developer. The plan was rejected by the court and a subsequent plan favorable to the creditors was approved.
- Second-chaired trial of a shareholder dispute over a share repurchase agreement. The case was settled after trial by the purchase of the plaintiff’s shares at a price favorable to the corporation.
- Second-chaired federal criminal trial of individual charged with social security fraud.
Select News & Events
- California Bar Association, Litigation Section
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section