Areas of Practice
- Liverpool University, Geography B.A., (Hons), 1984
Bar & Court Admissions
- Solicitor, England & Wales, 1990
- Solicitor Advocate, England & Wales, 1998
London, EC2V 7HR
TEL: +44 20 7367 8049
FAX: +44 20 7367 8001
Nic Hart is a partner in Steptoe's London office where he heads the Employment practice. He is described by The Legal 500 UK 2015 as an “erudite, responsive and proactive’ leader under whom the practice has experienced “exponential growth.” He provides clients with commercial and business-focused advice on both contentious and non-contentious issues.
Mr. Hart graduated from Liverpool University in 1984 with an Honours degree and qualified as a solicitor in 1990. He further qualified as a Solicitor Advocate in 1998. He has rights of audience in all Civil Courts in England and Wales. Mr. Hart has practiced as a Partner at leading Regional and West End firms for over 10 years before joining Steptoe.
He has specific experience of managing organized labor and trade disputes and business issues arising from trade union recognition. He acts for significant manufacturers, upscale professional contracting firms, and clients in the retail and leisure sectors.
More recently he has worked on:
- Board level HR support
- Talent Management
- Executive dismissal
- High value compromise agreements
- Complex team moves and High Court litigation
- As well as injunctions, competition issues, employment tribunal litigation and TUPE
Mr. Hart has also lectured extensively on advocacy, evidence and trial strategy in the UK and US.
He is recognized as a "Leader in his Field" by The Legal 500 UK.
Select News & Events
- Steptoe Receives 13 Practice, 12 Individual Mentions in Legal 500 UK 2016
- Steptoe Receives 12 Practice, 10 Individual Mentions in Legal 500 UK 2015
- Employment Lawyers Association
- European Employment Association
- Institute of Employment Rights