Areas of Practice
- Government Contracts
- Bid Protests
- FCPA / Anti-Corruption
- Export Controls
- National and Homeland Security
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2012
- University of Texas at Austin, B.S., with high honors, 2008, Dean's List
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- US District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- US District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
Washington DC 20036
TEL: +1 202 429 3018
FAX: +1 202 429 3902
Raquel Parker, an associate in Steptoe’s Washington office, is a member of the Government Contracts Group and concentrates her practice on government contracts and procurement matters and international regulatory and compliance. She represents federal government contractor clients in bid protests, claims litigation, dispute resolution and compliance, and small business matters. Ms. Parker also assists US and foreign clients with export and import trade compliance, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), International Traffic and Arms Regulations (ITAR), and economic sanctions and corporate compliance, including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). She holds a Secret clearance to assist clients with classified matters.
Prior to joining Steptoe, Ms. Parker practiced in Nashville, Tennessee where she represented clients in litigation concerning government contracts, business disputes, and construction disputes, in addition to advising clients on international regulatory compliance matters.
While in law school, Ms. Parker served as a clerk at the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia in The Hague, Netherlands, where she assisted in preparation for cases before all international criminal tribunals and human rights courts. She also worked in the International Affairs Division of the General Counsel's Office at the US Department of Defense, participating in coordination with the US Department of State to amend the ITAR.
Prior to law school, Ms. Parker served as a protocol visits officer for the White House and the US Department of State. She also worked for an international defense consulting company in Arlington, Virginia, where she assisted in FCPA compliance matters.
Tennessee Supreme Court Pro Bono Service Award, 2014 and 2015
Select News & Events
- Section of Public Contract Law; Section of International Law, American Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Non-voting board member, US Compliance Board, Hope For Justice
- Co-founder, Cross Point Church Pro Bono Legal Clinic
- Former Board Member, United Nations Association Cordell Hull Chapter