Areas of Practice
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, J.D., 2010
- Michigan State University, M.S., Chemistry, 2002
- University of California, Berkeley, B.S., Chemistry, with honors, 2000
- Law Clerk, Magistrate Judge Sheri Pym, US District Court, Central District of California
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
- US Patent and Trademark Office
Los Angeles CA 90071
TEL: +1 213 439 9460
FAX: +1 213 439 9599
Richard Praseuth is an associate in Steptoe’s Los Angeles office where he is a member of the Intellectual Property Group.
Mr. Praseuth's practice focuses on the field of life sciences patent litigation, including pre-litigation counseling and strategy concerning application of the Biologics Act to biotherapeutic development programs, as well as abbreviated regulatory pathway for biosimilars. He has experience in many aspects of patent litigation including expert and fact discovery, witness preparation, discovery and dispositive motion practice, claim construction, and trial preparation.
Prior to his legal career, Mr. Praseuth worked as an adjunct chemistry professor at Mount San Antonio College and served as a research assistant at Maxdem Incorporated, where he designed and synthesized novel electroluminescent polymeric compounds for applications in material science.