Areas of Practice
- New York University School of Law, J.S.D.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M, Taxation
- Tel Aviv University Buchmann Faculty of Law, LL.B in Law, magna cum laude
- Tel Aviv University Eitan Berglas School of Economics, magna cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
New York NY 10036
TEL: +1 212 506 3939
FAX: +1 212 506 3950
Zvi Hahn has a broad tax practice covering international tax planning for US and foreign corporations and individuals, international financing and derivative transactions, financial instruments, subpart F and passive foreign investment company (PFIC) issues, and US real estate investments. Mr. Hahn has advised multinational groups with respect to structuring and restructuring of their international operations and with respect to cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and financing transactions. He also has advised numerous investment funds and hedge funds in connection with various tax matters relating to their formation, operations, and investment and trading activities.
Additionally, Mr. Hahn has significant experience representing high-net-worth individuals and families with respect to international tax planning, including immigration to, or expatriation from, the United States.
Mr. Hahn is an adjunct professor of law at Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law of Yeshiva University, where he has taught the course “International Tax” since 2003.
Legal 500 US, Tax: Domestic Tax, 2015
Select News & Events
- Steptoe Expands Tax Group, Private Client Team in New York with Zvi Hahn
- Panelist, "International Tax Updates," STEP Israel Annual Conference, June 15, 2016
- Panelist, "International Taxation," Israel's Third Foreign Law Firms Conference, June 7, 2016
- Panelist, "International Taxation," Israel's First Foreign Law Firms Conference, June 27, 2013
- Panelist, "Passive Foreign Investment Companies - Things You Need to Know About PFICs but Never Dared to Ask," The International Tax Institute, Inc., January 18, 2011
- American Bar Association
- Committee on Taxation of Business Entities, Association of the Bar of the City of New York