Steptoe Cyberlaw Podcast - Interview with Michael DanielMarch 27, 2017
In our 156th episode of the Steptoe Cyberlaw Podcast, Stewart Baker, Michael Vatis, and Stephanie Roy discuss:
- Wikileaks releases a second installment, this time mostly focusing on Apple, which scoffs at the alleged vulnerabilities
- Third Circuit upholds contempt ruling for forgetting password
- Congress begins the CRA process for internet telecom privacy regulations
- Another bad omen for the crypto imperialists of Silicon Valley: UK Home Secretary calls Whatsapp crypto “completely unacceptable.”
- Does GCHQ spy on Americans for NSA?
- Electronic devices won’t fly from Mideast
- Bossert urges no changes to 702
- North Korea’s bid to breach global banks
Our guest interview is with Michael Daniel, former Special Assistant to the President and Cybersecurity Coordinator at the White House and current President of the Cyber Threat Alliance.
As always the Cyberlaw Podcast is open to feedback. Send your questions, suggestions for interview candidates or topics to CyberlawPodcast@steptoe.com or leave a message at +1 202 862 5785.
The views expressed in this podcast are those of the speakers and do not reflect the opinions of the firm.