We hope you will join us in Phoenix for our annual Labor Relations Conference. This two-day program, typically attended by over 200 registrants, is led by veteran labor lawyers with decades of National Labor Relations Act (NLRA) experience on behalf of major national employers, and is intended to keep HR and LR professionals up to date with developments under the NLRA and other key labor and employment laws.
Date & Time:
May 7, 2015 / 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
May 8, 2015 / 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
2400 East Missouri Avenue
Key topics to be covered:
- Most important NLRB decisions from the past year
- Joint employers and independent contractors under the NLRA
- Defenses to the undersized bargaining unit
- The risks of relying upon social media in hiring and firing
- Responding to sit-ins, quickie strikes, and demonstrations
- NLRA protection for worker profanity, tirades, and disrespect
- Rules against "harassment," "disruption," and "defamation"
- Dress code policies
- Preparing for expedited elections
- Employee use of company e-mail to organize
- The changing definition of "solicitation" in the workplace
- Philip A. Miscinmarra, Member, National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)
- Larry Katz, Partner, Steptoe's Phoenix office
- Steve Wheeless, Partner, Steptoe's Phoenix office
- Additional members of Steptoe's Labor & Employment Group
$150 - First registered participant
$125 - Second registered participant
$100 - Third registered participant
Additional participants (up to three max) - Complimentary
HRCI and CLE credits are pending approval.