Bruce Bishop focuses his practice on white-collar criminal defense and appellate advocacy. Bruce represents individual, corporate, and nonprofit clients in federal appeals in the areas of white-collar criminal defense, civil RICO, labor, FCPA, commercial litigation, bankruptcy, construction, customs, tax, FOIA, and disability discrimination. He is admitted to practice before the US Supreme Court and nine US Courts of Appeals, and has argued appeals in the Second, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, and DC Circuits.
In 2000, Bruce served as a "loaned associate" at the Legal Aid Society of the District of Columbia, where he represented clients in the areas of family relations, landlord-tenant, and public benefits.
- District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- US District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- US Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- Hon. Mary M. Schroeder, US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1996-1997
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1996, Executive Editor, Virginia Law Review, Order of the Coif, Edgar F. Shannon Award
- B.A., University of Virginia, 1987
- Member of trial team that successfully defended former Teamsters President Ron Carey.
- Participated in the defense of executives from America Online, HealthSouth, Tyco, Rite Aid, and Archer Daniels Midland.
News & Publications
September 3, 2019
April 19, 2019
April 23, 2018
July 31, 2017
April 24, 2017
March 31, 2017
March 27, 2017
July 26, 2016
July 20, 2016
April 21, 2016
- Super Lawyers, Washington, DC, Criminal Defense: White-Collar (2013-2019)