Erin Bass focuses her practice on labor and employment litigation and counseling matters. She develops and implements education programs to train management on best practices and compliance to minimize litigation risk and promote effective management. Erin also designs policies and procedures that provide guidance on lawfully and efficiently managing a workforce. Her litigation experience informs her advice: Erin defends employers against wage-hour class actions and claims of discrimination, wrongful termination, and whistleblower retaliation claims.
- US District Court, District of Arizona
- US Court of Appeals, District of Columbia
- Hon. Chief Justice Rebecca White Berch, Arizona Supreme Court
- Extern, Hon. Susan R. Bolton, US District Court, District of Arizona
- J.D., University of Arizona College of Law, 2012, summa cum laude; Order of the Coif; Research Editor, Arizona Law Review
- B.A., Arizona State University, 2009, cum laude, Journalism
Employment Litigation and Counseling
Claims of whistleblower retaliation under the Sarbanes–Oxley Act and age discrimination brought by a former high-level executive against a publicly-traded company.
Race, sex, and national origin discrimination charges under Title VII.
Discrimination and retaliation claims under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act.
A multi-state wage-hour class action in New York federal court challenging the employer’s tip credit and uniform allowance pay policies under the Fair Labor Standards Act and various state laws.
A wage-hour class action in California federal court challenging the employer’s piece-rate pay system under the Fair Labor Standards Act and California law and alleging a joint employer relationship.
Department of Labor wage-hour audits.
Guiding employers through restructures, relocations, and mass layoffs.
Claims of wrongful discharge in violation of Arizona’s Employment Protection Act.
Consolidated unfair labor practice trial and appeal to the NLRB challenging an employer’s discipline of employees who conducted a demonstration on a retail sales floor.
Unfair labor practice trial and appeal to the NLRB challenging an employer’s national handbook policies.
Dozens of other unfair labor practice proceedings, including challenges to an employer’s decision to close a facility and allegations of nationwide retaliation.
NLRB representation hearing and objections to election proceedings under the expedited election rules.
Union organizing campaigns in retail stores, distribution centers, food processing plants, and among truck drivers.
Grievance arbitrations alleging discharge without just cause.
"Arizona's Paid Sick Time Law: Are You in Compliance?," Southwest Arizona Human Resources Association (SAHRA) and RevAZ Workshop, November 14, 2018
"How to Draft an Employee Handbook According to the NLRB," 12th Annual ABA Section of Labor and Employment Law Conference, November 9, 2018
"Arizona's Paid Sick Time Law. Are you in Compliance?," Arizona Commerce Authority, RevAZ 2018 Workshop Series, September 13, 2018
"I'm Still Hoping for the Raise...Denying a Wage Increase During Bargaining: A Look at Arc Bridges Inc. v. NLRB," ABA Committee on the Development of the Law Under the NLRA 2018 Midwinter Meeting, February 26, 2018
"Defend Trade Secrets Act," MIP Trade Secrets Forum 2016, September 27, 2016
News & Publications
November 9, 2018
By: Erin Norris Bass
April 17, 2018
February 6, 2018
July 14, 2017
June 29, 2017
Seminars & Events
May 3, 2018
6000 East Camelback Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Seminars & Events
May 25, 2016
2400 East Missouri Avenue
- Super Lawyers Southwest, "Rising Star," Employment and Labor (2018)
- Board Member, Maricopa County Bar Association, Employment Law Section
- Secretary, Arizona Law Review Alumni Association
- Law and Legislative Action Committee, Greater Phoenix Chapter of the Arizona Society for Human Resource Management
- Past Treasury and Finance Chair, Gabriel's Angels Board of Young Professionals
- National Financial Institutions Employment Lawyers Committee
- Contributing Editor, The Developing Labor Law