Jeff Beatrice represents multinational companies and individuals in government enforcement and investigations, including criminal, in the areas of export controls, economic sanctions, anti-money laundering (AML), and firearms. He also conducts internal investigations and advises clients on export control and AML compliance issues.
Jeff previously served in-house at a US-based multinational financial services corporation, where he held the positions of managing director and general counsel for AML, and oversaw the company’s global compliance strategies, internal investigations, and responses to public enforcement and other regulatory actions in the AML and related compliance spheres.
Jeff’s practice is enhanced by his national security and white-collar criminal trial and investigative experience. He served as an Assistant US Attorney (AUSA) in the District of Columbia for more than 15 years. During his tenure as a federal prosecutor, he held significant supervisory positions: deputy chief of the national security section and special counsel for national security to the US Attorney, deputy chief of the organized crime and narcotics trafficking section, and senior litigation counsel. Jeff served as lead counsel in 36 felony jury trials, including cases involving white-collar crimes, money laundering, export control and national security-related offenses, and Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) enterprises. He has lectured at the Department of Justice National Advocacy Center and the FBI.
- District of Columbia
- J.D., Suffolk University Law School, 1987
- B.S.F.S., Georgetown University School of Foreign Service, 1979
Areas of Practice
News & Publications
May 30, 2018
October 6, 2017
- Legal 500 US, Dispute Resolution: International trade (2018)
- While serving as an AUSA, Jeff earned numerous Department of Justice special achievement awards for superior performance, as well as special recognition awards from federal law enforcement agencies.
- Citigroup, Inc., General Counsel for Anti-Money Laundering (2010-2015)
- US Department of Justice, US Attorney's Office for the District of Columbia, Assistant US Attorney (1995-2010)
American Bar Association
The Order of the Barristers, Washington, DC