Kevin Olson has more than three decades of experience in providing corporate and transactional advice to companies on matters involving mergers and acquisitions, securities and corporate finance, and other commercial transactions. His practice emphasizes general corporate advice, mergers and acquisitions, securities and corporate finance, and other commercial transactions.
In his role as outside general counsel, Kevin advises many clients about their day-to-day operations, including issues relating to product distribution, supplier contracts, customer contracts and executive employment arrangements. He also has assisted many clients in connection with their initial organization, advising them about their choice of entity, initial capitalization, and other organizational matters. Kevin serves as outside general counsel for leading Arizona businesses including Rockford Corporation, Community Medical Services, Westminster Village, Royal Oaks Retirement Community, and Friendship Village of Tempe. He has also represented businesses inside and outside Arizona, including Miraca USA, Alkaline Water Company, Aldila, and Rand Worldwide.
Kevin has held various leadership positions with the State Bar of Arizona, Greater Phoenix Leadership, East Valley Partnership, and both the Phoenix and Tempe Chambers of Commerce. He has been named repeatedly as one of Arizona’s “Top Lawyers” by AzBusiness Magazine and Ranking Arizona.
- J.D., Yale Law School, 1980
- B.S., Arizona State University, 1977, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Represented Westminster Village in $24 million tax exempt refinancing.
- Represented Rockford Corporation in connection with a “Dutch Auction” to purchase over $9 million of its shares.
- Represented Aldila, Inc., in connection with the merger of Aldila with Mitsubishi Rayon Corporation, producing approximately $24 million for its shareholders.
- Initial public offering of approximately $35 million of common stock for manufacturing company.
- Commercial contracts relating to the development and wind down of a commercial satellite communication system.
- Representation of local management in connection with the leveraged purchase of Arizona manufacturing operations from a Fortune 500 company.
- The $9 million purchase and financing of a major manufacturer's Arizona facilities.
- Representation of shareholders of an Arizona based manufacturer in connection with their $68 million stock sale to new private investors.
- Rendering of legal opinions in many Arizona transactions, both as principal lawyer on a matter and as Arizona local counsel.
News & Publications
March 4, 2019
April 11, 2016
April 10, 2015
- Super Lawyers, Southwest, Business/Corporate Law (2012-2016)
- AzBusiness Magazine, Arizona's Top Lawyers: Mergers & Acquisitions (2008-2009, 2013)
- Ranking Arizona Magazine, Top Lawyers: Mergers & Acquisitions (2013)
Member and Co-Chair of Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, Greater Phoenix Leadership
Board of Directors (Past Chair), East Valley Partnership,
Past President, Tempe Chamber of Commerce
Past Chair, Securities Council, State Bar of Arizona
Past Chair, Business Section, State Bar of Arizona
Maricopa County Bar Association