Michael Keough focuses his practice on complex civil litigation and white-collar criminal defense matters. Michael has extensive experience litigating complex commercial disputes in both federal and state courts throughout the United States. He also has experience assisting in the representation of executives of major corporations during internal investigations as well as during concurrent criminal and civil proceedings. His experience spans the entire life cycle of cases, from discovery disputes through trial and appellate matters, and has ample experience in case management.
Michael is active in the firm’s pro bono practice. He recently secured asylum for an LGBT client after a contested removal proceeding before the Immigration Court in New York, and has also argued an appeal before New York’s Appellate Division, Second Department. Before beginning his legal career, Michael served as a Teach For America corps member teaching middle school social studies in the Bronx, New York.
- New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 2013, cum laude; Associate Editor, Fordham Law Review; Fordham Moot Court Board, National Team
- M.A., City University of New York, 2010, summa cum laude, Social Studies Education
- B.A., The George Washington University, 2008, magna cum laude, Political Science and History
Representing retailers and manufacturers in matters involving federal and state laws including Proposition 65, state unfair competition laws, and the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.
Representing a high-profile individual client in the successful defense of a suit under the Alien Tort Statute.
Representing a foreign financial institution in breach of contract and fraud suits over the sale of asset-backed securities.
Securing dismissal on First Amendment grounds of defamation suit against medical website.
News & Publications
November 26, 2018
August 28, 2017
August 26, 2016
July 8, 2016
June 29, 2016