Nancy White advises international and domestic clients, both companies and individuals, in connection with day-to-day business matters as well as more significant transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions, purchases and sales of capital assets and real property, project financing, asset-based financings, asset securitizations, private placements of debt and equity securities, equipment and real property leases, loan workouts, and refinancing transactions. Her practice extends from the US to Europe, Asia, Central America, and South America. Product and services distributors, real estate contractors and developers, borrowers and lenders, manufacturers, research, medical, and financial institutions, and utility companies call on Nancy to successfully guide them through their business transactions. She earns referrals based on the trust she establishes with each client and her client’s counterparties and their counsel due in part to her collaborative manner and her understanding of clients’ cross-border commercial interests.
Nancy provides cost-effective solutions on matters from routine to complex. She often advises clients on contracts with both foreign and US-based goods and services providers, and she provides structural advice and counsel in connection with innovative financing transactions.
Nancy is also generous with her time and talents in the Phoenix community. She provides pro bono legal services to several nonprofit organizations and individuals through Phoenix’s Volunteer Lawyers Program. Additionally, Nancy serves as vice chair of the board of directors of First Place®, an Arizona-based nonprofit that serves adults with autism and other special needs. She has also held leadership positions with the Centers of Habilitation, the Phoenix Chamber of Commerce, the Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Xico, Inc., and the Southwest Autism Research and Resource Center.
- New York
- US District Court, District of Arizona
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US District Court, Southern District of California
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- J.D., Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 1981, Student Articles Editor, Loyola University Law Journal; Wall Street Journal Student Award
- B.A., DePauw University, 1975, Phi Beta Kappa; Alpha Lambda Delta; Mortar Board
Areas of Practice
Complex Corporate and Commercial Transactions
- Representing apparel designers and manufacturers in connection with real estate purchases and sales and retail leasing throughout the United States.
- Representing national medical and research institutions in connection with facilities needs in Arizona and California.
- Representing the purchasers of a specialty manufacturer of semiconductor components and related purchase money debt and equity financings, and the subsequent $38 million merger of the manufacturing company with and into the subsidiary of a public company.
- Representing an Arizona produce grower and shipper in connection with a $65 million secured loan made by a syndicate of commercial banks and in connection with real estate acquisitions.
- Advising issuers of approximately $5 billion of asset-backed securities in public offerings and private placements.
- Advising, structuring, and negotiating the $10 million sale of an agricultural equipment lessor to a national equipment rental company.
- Representing the sellers of a human resources technology company and a medical office management software company.
- Advising large commercial banks and specialty financiers in the origination, modification, and workout and collection of multimillion-dollar unsecured and secured lines of credit and term loans to domestic and international borrowers.
- Representing money center banks and foreign financial institutions in transactions in which the borrower and/or significant collateral are located in and/or governed by the laws of Arizona and California.
- Representing several regional produce growers and shippers in connection with the consolidation of assets and operations, and the separations of assets and operations into independent lines of business.
International Corporate and Commercial Transactions
- Representing the special purpose subsidiary of a domestic utility company in structuring a $85 million investment in the development of infrastructure required for the delivery of electric power, potable water, and wastewater treatment services to a large multi-use resort development in Mexico.
- Representing US distributors of imported products, with US, Mexican, and South American operations, in negotiating contracts with foreign manufacturers of products and providers of services.
- Assisting foreign nationals with their business transactions in Arizona and California, including a multimillion-dollar acquisition by a Japanese company of an operating division of an international manufacturing company.
- Representing management in a leveraged buy-out of an international distribution company from its corporate parent in UK receivership proceedings.
News & Publications
March 4, 2019
August 15, 2018
March 16, 2018
October 26, 2017
August 15, 2017
March 17, 2017
September 13, 2016
August 15, 2016
April 11, 2016
March 15, 2016
- Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law (2001-2019)
- Az Business Magazine, "Top 100 Arizona Lawyers" (2015-2018)
- Super Lawyers, Southwest, "Top 25 Women," Arizona (2013-2014)
- Super Lawyers, Southwest, Mergers & Acquisitions (2007-2016)
- Az Business Magazine, Arizona's Top Lawyers: Securities and Corporate Finance (2011-2014)
- Arizona Business Magazine, "Fifty Most Influential Women in Arizona Business" (2012)
- Arizona's Finest Lawyers (2011)
- Az Business Magazine, "Top Businesswomen" (2011)
Board Member, DNA People's Legal Services
Corporate and Banking Law Section, State Bar of Arizona
Corporate, Banking, and Business Law Section, American Bar Association
Committee on Securitization, American Bar Association
International Law Section, American Bar Association
Law Practice Management, American Bar Association
Corporate Law Section, State Bar of California
New York State Bar Association
Former member, State Bar of Arizona, State Bar Task Force on Diversity
Former member of the Executive Council, State Bar of Arizona Business Law Section