Peter Wellington is experienced litigating large and small cases, as well as providing advice and compliance assistance regarding government contract issues. Peter’s clients include leading aerospace, electronics, communications, healthcare and information systems companies. He has pioneered the use of ADR in government contract bid protests, claims and False Claims Act investigations.
A significant part of his practice has been devoted to protecting the trade secrets and confidential financial information of his clients. Peter was counsel for plaintiff in the ground-breaking McDonnell Douglas FOIA cases, including McDonnell Douglas v. NASA, 180 F.3d 303 (DC Cir. 1999).
Peter is a former Council Member, Chair of the Access to Information and Audit Activity Committee, and Chair of the Procurement Fraud Committee of the American Bar Association's Section of Public Contract Law. He has written and lectured extensively on government contract law, including co-authorship of the Section’s monographs on Voluntary Disclosure and Qui Tam.
- District of Columbia
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US District Court, District of Maryland
- US Court of Federal Claims
- US Court of Appeals, District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- Hon. Frank A. Kaufman, US District Court, District of Maryland, 1977-1978
- J.D., University of Chicago Law School, 1977, cum laude; Order of the Coif
- A.B., Harvard University, 1971, cum laude
News & Publications
April 29, 2019
September 25, 2018
May 3, 2018
June 7, 2017
November 21, 2016
- Chambers USA, Government: Government Contracts, Nationwide (2018-2019)