Subscribe to The Cyberlaw Podcast:
In our 270th episode of The Cyberlaw Podcast, Stewart Baker interviews Christopher Bing (@Bing_Chris), a cybersecurity reporter at Reuters who was on the team that recently broke two major reports on China and Russia. Stewart and Chris are joined by David Kris (@DavidKris), Nate Jones (@n8jones81), and Jordan Cannon to discuss:
- The effects of the trade war on US chip makers.
- How one US chip maker gave China the "keys to the kingdom."
- How China is learning from Putin.
- China-linked hackers siphoned data from telcos for several years.
- NSA twice mistakenly collected call data on Americans.
- Don't count on competition to save dissenting speech in Silicon Valley.
- The Trump Administration is considering an encryption crackdown.
As always, The Cyberlaw Podcast is open to feedback. Be sure to engage with @stewartbaker on Twitter. Send your questions, comments, and suggestions for topics or interviewees to CyberlawPodcast@steptoe.com. Remember: If your suggested guest appears on the show, we will send you a highly coveted Cyberlaw Podcast mug!
The views expressed in this podcast are those of the speakers and do not reflect the opinions of the firm.