Subscribe to The Cyberlaw Podcast:
In our 274th episode of The Cyberlaw Podcast, Stewart Baker interviews Paul Scharre (@paul_scharre) from the Center for a New American Security and Greg Allen (@gregory_c_allen) from the Defense Department's newly formed Joint Artificial Intelligence Center. Stewart is also joined by Dave Aitel (@daveaitel), Mieke Eoyang (@MiekeEoyang), and Nick Weaver (@ncweaver) to discuss:
- Attorney General Bill Barr revived the "warrant-proof" encryption debate, but did Facebook inadvertently guarantee Barr's victory in that debate?
- Election hacking is all over the news:
- NSA is going to establish a Cybersecurity Directorate this year.
- Dave Aitel’s own firm, Immunity Inc., stirred controversy when it released a version of the BlueKeep exploit in its commercial pentesting software.
- Marcus Hutchins, the hero of WannaCry, pled guilty to distributing malware but was sentenced to time served.
- And more!
As always, The Cyberlaw Podcast is open to feedback. Be sure to engage with @stewartbaker on Twitter. Send your questions, comments, and suggestions for topics or interviewees to CyberlawPodcast@steptoe.com. Remember: If your suggested guest appears on the show, we will send you a highly coveted Cyberlaw Podcast mug!
The views expressed in this podcast are those of the speakers and do not reflect the opinions of the firm.